Like in 2018, at this World Cup too, the Premier League will have the largest number of players. It makes sense that the top five leagues are at the top, but it was a bit of a surprise to many to see MLS next in line. The United States Championship will have 36 representatives, which shows the progress of this league. The top of the list looks like this:
- English Premier League – 136 players
- Spanish La Liga – 83 players
- German Bundesliga – 76 players
- Italian Serie A – 68 players
- French Ligue 1 – 54 players
It should be noted that Italy’s Serie A ended up in fourth place, so that the country’s national team did not go to the World Cup. Obviously, if Squadra Azzurra had won a trip to Qatar, the Italian championship would have been on a higher level.