Manchester City will face Inter Milan in the Champions League final. Pep Guardiola’s team defeated Real Madrid 4:0 to go through the final.
Manchester City 4:0 Real Madrid
Without giving a chance that’s how Manchester City won against Real Madrid. Within first 15 minutes Spanish side had only 13 passes, opposite to City’s 124.
After saving two headers from Erling Haaland early in the first half, Real goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was helpless to stop Bernardo Silva from scoring from close range after 23 minutes. The Portugal midfielder added a second header eight minutes before halftime.
Brace from Bernardo Silva against Real Madrid
Bernardo Silva was as dominant as he was against Bayern Munich. Portuguese winger scored twice. His second was a header like against the German side.
He is the third player to score 2+ goals in a Champions League semi-final match against Real Madrid, after Lionel Messi (2011) and Robert Lewandowski (2013).
Bernardo Silva is also only a fourth player to score twice in single half against Real Madrid in semi-final of European Cup or Champions League. The other three were Gerd Muller (1976 Bayern), Manfred Kalz (1980 Hamburg) and Horst Hrubesh (Hamburg 1980).
What a night ?— Bernardo Silva (@BernardoCSilva) April 26, 2023
The atmosphere!! And Johny, Kdb and BigErl on fire ? pic.twitter.com/Yq5dYwlK4R
In the second half Carlo Ancelotti’s side tried to improve the game in attack but all they have achieved was David Alaba’s free kick saved by Ederson Moraes.
Then Eder Militao scored the own goal after the cross from Kevin De Bruyne. Manuel Akanji also touched the ball a little bit.
The final word was from the world champion. Julian Alvarez used brilliant pass from Phill Foden and converted it to assist.
Final score is 4:0 and Manchester City will play the second Champions League final in its entire career. The first won was lost against Chelsea managed by Tomas Tuchel.
Inter vs Manchester City – Champions League final the date and location
The final will be played on 10th of June in Istanbul. Ataturk stadium will host the main game of the tournament.
It’s only first time these two English and Italian sides will play official match. Last time when final teams met first time in the final was in 2005 when Milan and Liverpool played 3:3 in unforgotten match also in Istanbul.
Manchester City vs Real Madrid Stats
- This was Carlo Ancelotti’s 191st game as a manager in the UEFA Champions League. Italian surpassed Sir Alex Ferguson (190) and now leads the ranking.
- Bernardo Silva is the third player to score 2+ goals in a Champions League semi-final match against Real Madrid, after Lionel Messi (2011) and Robert Lewandowski (2013).
- Jack Grealish has created 35 chances in this season’s Champions League campaign, the most on record (since 2003-04) by an English player in a single season.
- Manchester City have reached their second UEFA Champions League final, inflicting Real Madrid’s joint-heaviest defeat in the competition (also 0-4 v Liverpool in March 2009).
- Pep Guardiola has become the third manager to win 100 Champions League matches, after Carlo Ancelotti (107) and Alex Ferguson (102).
- The 2023 Champions League will be the first ever competitive meeting between Man City and Internazionale. It’s the first time a debut meeting between two sides has been in a Champions League final since Liverpool v Milan in Istanbul in 2005.